Thursday, November 14, 2002

Blogs

Greetings. Check out One Good Turn. Alright! Another blog by a philosophy professor (Eddie Thomas)! And it's good, too. Also, John Jay Ray has been good as ever. Would you two please stop taking the piss out of me? Thanks. 'm not interested in the truth. I just want to make others believe to be true what I believe to be true. (Just kidding, of course.)

Eddie says that my attempt to render conservatism a logical truth won't work but will construe everyone as a conservative. I don't know. I think many are un-conservative because they just don't grasp that it makes no sense not to be. They either cling dogmatically to certain values against the countervailing evidence, or they want to change values out of anger or envy or some other irrational disposition. More later, gotta think about it.

One bad thing is time. I don't seem to have time to think about all these interesting things, or finish my research into John Adams. I don't have time for intellectual pursuits, being stuck in university...;-)