Internet quizzes are fun! Try this one. Make a check mark on a piece of paper for every “yes” you answer.
- Do you have a deep sense of discontentment with the way your society is organized and the way people in it lead their lives?
- Do you want to be part of the creation of a better society by leaving old conservative ways behind as obsolete, as outmoded, as supported by rich elites to secure their power, and as ignorantly maintained by benighted lower classes who don’t understand that they could have a better world?
- Do you think that people who don’t want to be part of the movement toward a new society, or who claim that such a project violates their rights to be left alone to do as they please, are obstacles to social justice?
- Do you feel excited when inspiring speakers and experts in science, technology and social justice explain how we can create a new and better society?
- Do you think the government should be doing much more to create better lives for people and that it has its hands tied by moneyed groups with narrow interests?
- Do you think the government should step in to control big business and the distribution of wealth, so that no one is allowed to be well-off while anyone else has to struggle in poverty - so that we can all be more devoted to a less self-interested, collective social action?
- Does the excitement you get by contemplating moving toward a new society make your present personal interests (school, career, hobbies, family, etc.) seem hum-drum or somewhat meaningless?
- Do you have any fascist tendencies?
UPDATE: Another quiz? Oh, boy!
- Do you have a vision for society in which everyone can rely upon himself and be independent of the government for his welfare?
- Do you think the government's main purpose is to protect its citizens and not to create good lives for them?
- If you were magically made president with an agreeable Congress, would your instinct be primarily to maintain security and enforce the law, rather than to redesign society in a way that you would prefer society to be?
- Is the thought of letting the Federal Government take over the management of the health care system repugnant to you?
- Do you like the American Founding Fathers and feel either antipathy or nothing at all for those American leaders who created big government and the welfare state?
- Are you liberal (in today's colloquial sense of the term, meaning "on the left")?