Remember these values?
- Limited government
- Non-covetousness (refraining from envy)
- The formation of society as people prefer, unrestrained by government.
- Anti-megalomania (e.g., George Washington)
- Low taxes
Consider these values:
- Economic equality: everyone having the same amount of wealth.
- Large welfare state, unlimited in its power to take from the rich and regulate life.
- Security and ease of life, not having to worry about taking care of oneself.
- A society designed, top-down, and the design implemented, top-down, by leaders in government.
The two sets of values are incompatible. You must choose which side you are on. Europe has chosen. America has been choosing and is still choosing. It must choose the American side or the statist side.
Say, out loud, "capitalism, free market economy." Do you feel a certain disdain, a hatred, and anger in the pit of your stomach? If so, then you have been trained to choose statism already. Who would have done such a thing to you? Who would stand to gain power from your support for statist policies? You should review that decision.
You must decide which society you will give to your children.